WRCOG at Work
The purpose of WRCOG is to unify Western Riverside County so that it can speak with a collective voice on important issues that affect its members. Representatives from 17 cities, the Riverside County Board of Supervisors, and the Eastern and Western Municipal Water Districts have seats on the WRCOG Executive Committee, the group that sets policy for the organization. The Riverside County Superintendent of Schools is currently an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee. Together, as a joint powers agency, they take up regional matters critical to our future, from air quality to solid waste and from transportation to the environment.
To learn more about COGs, click here.
WRCOG’s many areas of activity include:
- Interagency Coordination and Planning
- Regional Legislative Platform
- Subregional Representation to Regional Agencies including the Southern California Association of Governments
- Inter-regional Partnership Development
Regional Transportation Issues
- Transportation Uniform Mitigation Fee Planning and Administration
- Regionwide Mobility
- Corridor Planning
Community Growth and Development
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Planning for Growth
- Inter-regional Partnerships
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Environmental Planning
- Air Quality Attainment Strategies
- Hazardous and Solid Waste Management
Once a year, WRCOG holds a General Assembly, sponsored to a large extent by the private sector. Community leaders, stakeholders, and residents are invited to attend an event that is meant to engage them and promote discussion. A notable speaker and several keynote addresses are included. Click here to view photos of previous year’s General Assembly.